Module: Resource Management
The Project Portal is a dynamic workbench to enable you to connect to the project team & documents in real-time. It will define and maintain a clear road-map for lasting relationships with your customers.
The information within the Project Portal is fed from Smartsheets, which is an application for collaboration and work management used to assign tasks, track project progress, manage project calendar and share information with the all project team members. The Risk Register is a key component to the project governance processes. Key data for the Risk Register :
- Risk ID: Automatically generated number to provide the risk with a unique ID.
- Status: Using the drop down list select whether the status of the risk is open or closed.
- Date Raised: Enter the date the risk was originally raised.
- Raised by: Business representative or project team member who raised the risk. Select from the contact list or type name in if unavailable.
- Owner: Person responsible for monitoring the risk. Select from the contact list or type name manually if unavailable.
- Risk Title: Add a meaningful title of the risk.
- Risk Description: Provide a brief description of the risk that states the reason the risk needs to be monitored. This should be no more than a few sentences.
- Inherent Likelihood: Select what the likelihood of the risk occurring is from the drop down list.
- Inherent Consequence: Select the consequence rating of the risk from the drop down list.
- Inherent Risk Level: Populate the Inherent Risk Level based on the inherent likelihood and inherent consequence selected.
- Mitigation Strategy: From the drop down list select the mitigation strategy that will be applied to mitigate the risk.
- Residual Likelihood: Select what the likelihood is of the risk occurring once the mitigation strategy has been applied from the drop down list.
- Residual Consequences: Select the consequence rating of the risk once the mitigation strategy has been applied from the drop down list.
- Residual Risk Level: Populate the Residual Risk Level based on the residual likelihood and residual consequence selected.
- Actions: List any actions that will need to be completed to mitigate the risk.
- Action Owner: State who is responsible for completing the action. Select from the contact list or type name in if unavailable.
- Action Due by Date: State the date that the action is due to be completed.
- Action Completion Date: State the date the action was actually completed.
- Date Closed/ Resolved: Enter the date of when the risk was closed or resolved and list all the relevant people who were notified in discussion.
Points to Note
- Project Portal Permissions - Each person may have different permissions in the project portal which will vary what they are able to do within the project portal (e.g. viewing documents, editing documents and uploading new documents)
- Smartsheet permissions are applied to the Workspace in the smartsheet application.
The following articles are recommended
Need more Help?
- Review the Knowledge Base articles at Inside SolutionTrac http://inside.solutiontrac.net/category/4/knowledge-base
- Join the Inside SolutionTrac Community
- Log a support ticket.
- Links to support are on the SolutionTrac log-in page and landing page.
- Click on the Help! tab on any page of the Inside SolutionTrac site.